The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Godwin Emefiele, has been elected as the President of the Association of African Central Banks (AACB).
Emefiele, who was elected at the 39th Ordinary meeting of the Assembly of Governors of the AACB, will be president of the association for the year 2016 to 2017.
To work with Emefiele are:
- the governor of the Bank of Ghana as chairman of the West African sub-region;
- governor of the Central Bank of Mauritania, chairman of the North African sub-region;
- the governor of the Bank of Central African States, chairman of the central African sub-region.
- the governor of Banque de la Republique du Burundi as chairman of the East African sub-region
- and governor of the Central Bank of the Kingdom of Swaziland as chairman of the Southern African sub-region.
Emefiele succeeds Lucas Nchama, Governor of the Banque des tats de l’Afrique Centrale (BEAC).