25 years after her creation as a Federating Unit in Nigeria, Abia State has joined other Federating Units like Lagos, Bayelsa, Enugu, Osun, Cross River States, etc to unveil and establish its own identity.
As part of the activities lined up for the silver jubilee celebration, the Governor Okezie Ikpeazu-led government of Abia State, has officially unveiled a new logo, flag and anthem for the state on Saturday, August 27, to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the state’s creation.
CONCISE DETAILS OF THE NEW ABIA LOGO
1. The helm: black and gold eagle signifying strength and grace.
2. The shield; silver, quartered in blue, gold, earth and green signifying labour and enterprise (Blue), sun and abundance of warmth welcoming and receptive nature of Abians (Earth), and fertility, (Green).
3. The central elephant; is the traditional image of Abia (Enyi Abia) while,
4. The open book signifies; education, scholarship and the Holy Bible.
The 4 ordinaries are:
(a). Artisan (artisanship/ enterprising nature of Abians.
(b). The Abia tower (the central Abia figure).
(c). Industry (productivity in manufacturing and oil and gas.
(d). The handshake; business and commerce
5. The base marigold field: on which the shield stands and supported by 4 palm trees further signifying fertility and abundance.
6. The flag: the base theme of the design centers on black and gold which are the nationally allotted colours of Abia State.
– the flag incorporates the Abia cost of arm as green forward, facing pennant inductive of life and progress
– the background is predominantly white, signifying peace.